Summer Orchestral Camp
NJYS Summer Orchestral Camp | $990 by May 9, $1050 after May 9
Entering 5th – 9th Grade
6/28……….12:45-4:30 p.m. 1:00-1:30 p.m. Parent Meeting
6/29 – 7/9……….8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
No Camp 7/3-7/5
7/10……….8:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
7/11……….8:15 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
This two week camp offers students entering grades 5-9 the opportunity to hone their orchestral playing skills in various ensemble settings while having fun and making new friends! Orchestral Camp includes chamber music, camp orchestra, and camp chorus. Music theory and instrument doubling are explored as well as fun physical activities and games!
Chamber Music Concert Friday, July 10, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
Orchestral Camp Concert Saturday, July 11 at 11:30 a.m.
Director: Diana Charos Reilly
Orchestral Camp takes place at the New Jersey Youth Symphony, 570 Central Avenue in New Providence.
- Camp Orchestra – All campers perform alongside Orchestral Camp staff
- Chamber Orchestra – Intermediate to Advanced Strings
- Cadet Orchestra- Beginning to Intermediate Strings
- Wind Ensemble-Woodwinds, Brass, and Percussion
- Camp Chorus-All campers develop musical and ensemble skills
- Chamber Music-Campers rehearse daily in small ensembles and perform in a special Chamber Music Concert on July 10.
Music Theory: Learn to identify intervals, chords and rhythms as well as key signatures and musical terms. Students are placed in appropriate class levels.
Instrument Doubling Program: Campers take introductory classes on bass, viola, bassoon, oboe, trombone or tuba.
Recreation: Recreational activities will be provided daily during the first week of camp.
Lunch: Students are asked to bring their own lunch on days specified in the camp schedule distributed at the parent meeting on June 28. NJYS will provide lunch on special days listed in the schedule.
Current NJYS members do not require an audition for Orchestral Camp. New students must schedule an audition by calling 908-771-5544.